HYUNDAI CPO INFORMATION
Learn about Hyundai Certified
Selecting a Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle is a confidence-inspiring choice. Why? Because Hyundai CPO vehicles come with a manufacturer-backed warranty, are high quality, and in like-new condition. That means there's less to worry about now and down the road.
Striking design, human-focused technology, and uncompromising workmanship are standard equipment in all Hyundai vehicles. And only Hyundai vehicles that comply with the following requirements are eligible to become a Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned vehicle:
- Be a maximum of five years old, with less than 60,000 miles.4
- Pass a comprehensive 150-point3 quality assurance inspection by a Hyundai dealership technician.
- Have a clean, non-branded title as verified by a Vehicle History Report.
Why Certified Pre-Owned is your best option
An extensive 150-point2 mechanical and appearance inspection performed by technicians at your local Hyundai dealer makes certain that each vehicle meets Hyundai CPO factory-specified program standards. An Inspection Check Sheet is strictly followed to ensure consistency so no item is overlooked. Any component that does not meet Hyundai CPO standards is reconditioned or repaired. Any component that cannot be repaired is replaced with Genuine Hyundai or Hyundai-approved parts. Vehicles not meeting or exceeding all Hyundai CPO factory-set program standards are excluded.
$2,066 of added value in every Hyundai CPO vehicle
With your purchase of a Hyundai CPO vehicle, you receive the following suite of benefits valued at $2,066:
- Remainder of the 5-Year / 60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty1
- Reinstatement of the 10-Year / 100,000-Mile CPO Powertrain Limited Warranty1/2
- Comprehensive 150-Point3 quality assurance inspection
- CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™
- 10-Year / Unlimited Mile Roadside Assistance1
- Rental car and travel interruption reimbursement for covered repairs
- 3-Month of No-Charge SiriusXM® Satellite Radio "All-Access" Trial
- The option to purchase a Hyundai Protection Plan (HPP) vehicle service contract at participating dealers
$2,066 represents the national value of benefits included in the purchase of a Hyundai CPO vehicle as compared to a non-certified used Hyundai. Since $2,066 represents an average for all Hyundai CPO vehicles sold nationally, individual value received may vary. See dealer for program benefit details.
Is There a Difference in Certified Pre-Owned Programs?
Yes, there is a difference. With the increased popularity of certified vehicles, there has been an increase in the number of ‘certified’ vehicle programs available to consumers. This can lead to confusion over what the term ‘certified’ really means. How do different ‘certified’ programs compare?
All Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles are backed by Hyundai Motor America (HMA) and include the remainder of the 10-Year / 100,000 Mile CPO Powertrain Limited Warranty1/2. Hyundai CPO vehicles are inspected by technicians at Hyundai dealerships to a 150-point3 standard specified by Hyundai. Only HMA can offer a powertrain limited warranty on a Hyundai CPO vehicle. Repair service is available nationwide through any authorized Hyundai dealership in the United States.
Additional benefits of Hyundai CPO ownership include: a no-charge CARFAX® Vehicle History ReportTM; 10-Year / Unlimited Mile roadside assistance; rental car and travel interruption reimbursement; special financing rates through Hyundai Motor Finance; and 3-month of no-charge SiriusXM® Satellite Radio "All-Access" Trial.
Third Party ‘Certified’
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a 3rd party company (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the 3rd party company under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a particular dealer (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the dealer under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Compare the type of vehicle certification programs in the included table.
|Hyundai Vehicles Available For Sale At Non-Hyundai Franchise or Independent Dealers5|
|Program Features||Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned||3RD - Party Certified||Dealer "Certified"||Used Hyundai|
|10-Year / 100,000-Mile CPO Powertrain Limited Warranty1||Yes||No||No||No|
|Certified by Hyundai Dealership Technicians||Yes||No||No||No|
|Complimentary CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™||Yes||Maybe||Maybe||Maybe|
|Special Finance Rates through Hyundai Motor Finance (HMF)||Yes||No||No||No|
|Up to 10-Day Rental Car Reimbursement & Travel Breakdown Reimbursement||Yes||No||No||No|
|10-Year / Unlimited Mile Roadside Assistance3||Yes||No||No||No|
|Repair at any Hyundai Dealer in the U.S.||Yes||Maybe||Maybe||Maybe|
|No "out-of-pocket" expenses for covered repairs4||Yes||Maybe||Maybe||Maybe|
|3-Month No-Charge SiriusXM® Satellite Radio "All-Access" Trial||Yes||No||No||No|
|Hyundai Protection Plan (HPP) Wrap Service Contacts||Yes||No||No||No|
|No Cost Cap for Towing under Roadside Assistance||Yes||No||No||No|
- 2011 and 2012 Model Year Sonata eligibility extended to less than 80,000 miles.
- 154-point inspection with Sonata Hybrid; 166-point inspection with Equus.
- From original in service date and zero (0) miles.
- $50 deductible per repair visit applies.
- Example of 3rd party certified programs include Motor Trend Certified, NIADA Certified Pre-Owned, CarMark Certified, Q Certified, Payless Assurance and others. Dealer certified vehicles are backed by the individual dealer, not the manufacturer. A used Hyundai is not Certified under any program.